Who's the Best Artist Since 2000....
no overall single figures springs to mind, i'd have to divide it up into categories and with multiple contenders jostling for the top spot
* Pop Star as Public Figure - Kanye West versus Ke$ha (with Gaga not far behind on sheer zeitgeist points and with the proviso I've little appetite for the audio bar "Bad Romance". i suppose you would also have to honestly mention Drake somewhere here)
* Performer / Vocal Presence- Future versus Ke$ha versus Dizzee
* Beat-maker - Terror Danjah versus Metro Boomin versus Mustard (aka Dijon McFarlane - no really that is his actual name).
* Pop Group in the Bygone and Obsolete Sense - Vampire Weekend versus Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti.
* Endless personal pleasure tinged with awareness of marginality in the scheme of things - Ghost Box versus Moon Wiring Club versus Ariel Pink
* A Compelling Case to Be Made although somehow I don't quite feel it fully myself - Burial versus Radiohead versus Daft Punk
I feel I''m forgetting things from the first half of the 2000s but it all feels quite long ago and hazy...
[this derived from this blogpost, which was in reference to this Dissensus Thread]
A blogpost that led indirectly to this - a thread (among many others) that led to this